Annual Action Plan
School Renewal and Improvement (SRI cycle) - Annual Action Plan
Develop and Plan – How will we get there?
- Schools implement their strategic plan by
- collaborating with community stakeholders to build collective efficacy
- discerning improvement strategies and initiatives from the evidence base
- determining specific actions and methods
- clarifying roles and responsibilities
- developing agreed whole-school approaches to teaching and learning
- documenting the agreed actions for the coming year in an Annual Action Plan (AAP)
- The Annual Action Plan (AAP) articulates how key improvement strategies and other significant projects will be put into operation, monitored and evaluated in that year.
- The Annual Action Plan (AAP) includes strategic intentions, key improvement strategies, targets and consideration of all resource requirements.
Implement and Monitor – How are we going?
- Schools monitor the impact on student learning of the chosen improvement initiatives by:
- gathering and analysing internal and external data (including ongoing student learning data and school satisfaction surveys)
- adjusting the school strategic plan accordingly
- adjusting the Annual Action Plan (AAP) accordingly
- identifying collaborative structures in order to engage the school community around key improvement initiatives
- engaging with Senior Education Leader (SEL) and cluster support team to share their learning within and among schools through formal and informal leadership networks.
- Each strategy has a designated person responsible for leadership and coordination and for reporting back to leadership team meetings and staff meetings where there is a specific focus on the school’s strategic plan and Annual Action Plan (AAP).
- The school’s leadership team monitors progress and achievement and assists in addressing obstacles to successful implementation.
- The school’s leadership team ensures the Annual Action Plan (AAP) is referenced in discussions and gatherings with the wider community.
- Schools celebrate accomplishments in newsletters and communicate these to staff, parents/ carers, the school board and parish.